Karachi/Rawalpindi/Peshawar:
When the clock was exhausted on the deadline of the government so that undocumented foreigners leave the country, Afghan citizens in several cities began on Friday to pack their bags, some voluntarily, others by force.
The authorities, meanwhile, are increasing heat. The law enforcement agencies have increased operations in several cities to facilitate what officials now describe as the “forced repatriation” of the owners of the Afghan Citizen Card (ACC). With the end of the voluntary repatriation period, many Afghan stores and offices in commercial areas in Peshawar have remained closed from EID.
Afghan citizens have closed their stores and offices in the Peshawar shopping centers, while the law enforcement agencies have intensified operations to facilitate the repatriation process.
As part of the National Campaign for Reverification and Renewal of Nadra, dozens of Afghan individuals have canceled their Pakistani identity cards.
Important repression is expected after April 11. Until now, 153 Afghan refugees have voluntarily returned to Afghanistan.
The stores owned by Afghan citizens involved in several trades, including food, carpets, dishes and footwear, remained closed after EID.
While a brief breath of Eidul Fitr had granted extra time of Afghan nationals, the authorities said the period of grace was over and that more extensions would be granted.
In addition, officials warn that arrests are expected to begin soon. Although arrests have not yet begun in KP, the sources say it is only a matter of time before the hammer falls.
Meanwhile, in Rawalpindi, more than 50 people who had Afghan citizen cards (ACC) were arrested during police operations and moved to temporary camps.
According to police sources, several teams are carrying out operations in several areas. People who have ACCS will be repatriated to Afghanistan from these fields.
The sources added that the families of the card holders will also be arrested and transferred to the camps.
Operations will now be carried out daily.
In the same way, in Karachi, the authorities and the agencies of application of the law began to implement the policy of the Federal Government of Deporting undocumented foreigners on Friday, launching what officials described as the “forced repatriation” of the holders of ACC.
According to official data, the operation is aimed at approximately 16,138 individuals, with more than 150 already detained only in Karachi.
The South Deputy Inspector (DIG) Syed Asad Raza confirmed that until now 162 owners of ACC had been taken to the designated tenure installation.
Some were released after verification revealed that they had registration cards (by) instead.
Dig Raza said that a total of 196 Afghas from different areas were taken to the camp on April 3.