.
QUETA:
At least 14 terrorists were neutralized in two separate intelligence-based operations (IBOs) carried out by the Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) in Quetta and Barkhan districts of Balochistan, a spokesperson said on Wednesday.
The first operation was carried out in Darakhshan, on the outskirts of Quetta, following credible intelligence indicating the presence of Indian terrorists, the CTD spokesperson said. As the CTD teams entered, the terrorists opened fire, leading to a fierce exchange that lasted several minutes.
“Eight terrorists linked to Fitna al-Khawarij – a term used by authorities to refer to terrorists associated with the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) – were killed. Three CTD personnel were injured during the encounter and were taken to hospital, where their condition is stable.”
The spokesman said the dead terrorists were actively involved in planning multiple attacks across the province, including attacks on official facilities and civilian areas. A large cache of weapons, ammunition, grenades and explosive materials were recovered from his possession.
Following the raid, security was tightened in and around Darakhshan, additional police personnel were deployed and surveillance was intensified to prevent retaliatory attacks. More research is being done.
In a separate operation on the same day, CTD teams acted on fresh intelligence in Barkhan district, where suspected terrorist hideouts were identified. As forces surrounded the area, the terrorists opened fire, prompting a rapid counter-response.
Six terrorists belonging to the Indian proxy Fitna al-Hindustan were killed in the ensuing gunfight, while the security personnel were unharmed. Authorities said a significant amount of weapons, ammunition and other sabotage material was seized at the scene.
The CTD spokesperson said the group had been involved in planning subversive activities aimed at destabilizing the security situation in Balochistan, describing both operations as part of an ongoing campaign to restore peace and weaken terrorist networks across the province.
President Asif Ali Zardari paid tribute to CTD Balochistan for the successful operations in Quetta and Barkhan. In an official statement, he praised the personnel for killing 14 terrorists and offered prayers for the speedy recovery of the injured officers.
“CTD Balochistan is playing a leading role in protecting the country against terrorists,” the President said, adding that eliminating externally sponsored terrorism remained one of the government’s top priorities.
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif also praised the CTD, particularly praising the Quetta operation and expressing solidarity with the injured personnel. “CTD Balochistan is playing a key role in the war against terrorism,” he said.
Home Minister Mohsin Naqvi echoed these sentiments, praising the professionalism and bravery of the CTD officers and praising the department for neutralizing terrorists linked to Fitna al-Hindustan in Barkhan.
As investigations continue, authorities reiterated that counter-terrorism operations would persist across Balochistan until terrorist networks are completely dismantled, underlining that recent successes reflect a broader push to bring lasting peace to the province.




