Jada Pinkett Smith has firmly rejected what she described as “false” and “nonsense” accusations made by one of Will Smith’s former friends, asking a court to dismiss a $3 million lawsuit filed against her.
Earlier this month, Jada Pinkett Smith, 54, filed a motion requesting dismissal of the case brought by musician Bilaal Salaam, according to documents confirmed by Page six.
In the filing, Jada argued that the claims are “false, uncorroborated and made to generate attention as part of an ongoing public campaign of harassment directed” at her and the Smith family.
She further claimed that the lawsuit is an attempt to punish her for her “constitutionally protected speech on a matter of intense public interest regarding her family,” and accused Salaam of having an “obsession” with the family.
Jada also claimed that she never mentioned Salaam by name when the alleged incident at the center of the case allegedly took place in September 2021.
TMZ first reported on the presentation.
Salaam filed his lawsuit in November 2025, alleging that Jada confronted him at Will Smith’s birthday party held at Regency Calabasas Common on September 25, 2021.
The musician, who described himself as “Will’s best friend for almost 40 years,” claimed Jada threatened him during the event.
According to the request obtained by Page sixSalaam alleged that the actress told him that “he would end up missing or get shot” if he continued “telling about his personal affairs.”
He also accused Jada of launching a “retaliation campaign” after she allegedly refused to help with crisis management following Will Smith’s widely publicized slap at Chris Rock at the 2022 Academy Awards.
The lawsuit claimed Salaam’s reputation was damaged, his health worsened, and he suffered financial loss and emotional trauma due to what it described as Jada’s “malicious, intentional, and reckless conduct.”
However, this was not the first time Salaam had made explosive claims involving Will Smith.
In November 2023, Will’s representative denied Salaam’s accusation that he once saw the actor perform inappropriate acts with Duane Martin.
At the time, Will’s rep said, “This story is completely made up and the claim is unequivocally false.”
Jada’s latest court filing makes clear that she intends to oppose the lawsuit, insisting that the allegations have no factual basis and should not continue.




