Jaylen Brown and Beverly Hills at odds over private party incident


NEWNow you can listen to Pak Gazette articles!

A Saturday night event hosted by Boston Celtics star Jaylen Brown was canceled by the city of Beverly Hills, with officials saying it lacked a permit and even claiming they had turned one away.

The event promoting Brown’s performance brand, 741, was held at the home of Oakley founder Jim Jannard. Brown has an endorsement deal with Oakley.

The city offered an apology to Brown due to “inaccurate information,” walking back its claim that a permit had been denied and saying that “no permit was ever requested or denied and that the residence had no prior violations on record.”

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON PakGazette.Com

Boston Celtics guard Jaylen Brown (7) during a game against the Brooklyn Nets at Barclays Center on March 15, 2025. (John Jones/Image Images)

However, Brown, who said he did not need to apply for a permit since the location was at a private residence, said the apology was not enough.

“I’m not a legality guy, but you embarrassed my brand and my team. And I think that’s unfair,” Brown told ESPN.

Brown said the Beverly Hills statement “continues[d] tell lies.” The city said: “No alleged evidence of any violation was ever presented to the owner, our team or legal counsel. “Without observation, documentation, or confirmed violations, coercive measures based solely on belief raise serious due process concerns.”

Boston Celtics guard Jaylen Brown makes a dunk against the Detroit Pistons during the second half of an NBA basketball game, Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2024, in Boston. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa)

LAMELO BALL’S CUSTOM HUMMER LOSES WHEEL IN CHARLOTTE ACCIDENT DURING ALL-STAR BREAK

“I wanted to have fun and I felt like that was taken away from me,” Brown told reporters after Thursday’s Celtics game, in which he had a triple-double against the Golden State Warriors. “I felt embarrassed. If it happened to me, I’m sure it happened to a lot of people in the past. That’s how I see it.

“There are probably a lot of people who don’t shout, it falls on deaf ears, which is unfortunate. I’m not sure what the conclusion is… Even in the statement they made, they included some things that were not true, even in the apology. So I don’t think the apology is acceptable. I lost a lot of money [with our] partners, etc. People assumed we weren’t following proper protocols. So everything around me is just a bad taste in my mouth. I am extremely offended. My team is offended. I’m not sure what the conclusion will be. All I know is that they are fools…”

Boston Celtics guard Jaylen Brown makes a free throw against the Los Angeles Lakers during the fourth quarter at TD Garden on March 8, 2025. (Brian Fluharty/Image Images)

Brown said he would discuss the matter with his team and decide whether to take legal action later.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *