Phil Mickelson says that “there is a need and demand” of Liv Golf in the midst of ongoing negotiations with PGA Tour


Phil Mickelson admitted on Friday that tensions between the PGA tour And Liv Golf has not completely dissolved, despite the ongoing negotiations between the two circuits.

However, the six -time main winner remained firm that the rival Golf League will not go anywhere due to what he offers to golf fans.

Before the first tournament of the year on American soil, Mickelson appeared in “Fox & Friends” on Friday morning to discuss the marked differences between the two circuits and how The unique LIV structure Taps in a market the PGA Tour has not been able to.

Phil Mickelson of the United States plays a shot at Hole 17 during a practice round before the US Open in Pinehurst Resort on June 11, 2024 in Pinehurst, North Carolina. (Alex Slitz/Getty Images)

“I wouldn’t say it’s gone,” Mickelson said about tension. “We are growing the game worldwide, and the PGA Tour has always tried to grow the game nationwide. Therefore, if you look like it, there are many criticisms that we take in the United States, but if you look worldwide the way the way in which the LIV golf is received, is incredible, is received.”

CLICK HERE for more sports coverage at Foxnews.com

The Golf League backed by Saudi was launched in 2022 and found a serious reaction after shaking the golf world attracting many of the largest stars of the tour with lucrative signings.

The fractured relationship between the two circuits seemed to be in the repair after the PGA Tour, the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia (PIF) and DP World Tour signed a framework agreement in June 2023. However, the parties involved did not reach any agreement before this agreement expired at the end of the year.

Since then, President Donald Trump has been involved with the aim of gathering golf.

President Donald Trump, promoted by his son Eric Trump, arrives at Trump National Doral during the Liv Golf Miami tournament on Thursday, April 3, 2025 in Miami. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

Trump says that PGA-LIV ‘merging’ would be a ‘big thing’ as the conversations between the tours continue

“There is always the need for traditional golf and traditional competition and historical events, but we are not attracting the youngest crowd, historically, so far,” Mickelson added. “Liv is attracting a younger crowd and making golf great again and nice to see. And when you leave and look, you have a much more relaxed feeling and people enjoy that environment.

“There is a need and demand for what Liv Golf provides.”

Trump is working to facilitate negotiations with the PGA Tour and PIF in the new commercial companies of PGA Tour.

Phil Mickelson of Hyflyers GC celebrates a Birdie in the fourth hole on day of Liv Golf Hong Kong at the Hong Kong Golf Club on March 9, 2025 in Hong Kong. (Zhizhao Wu/Getty Images)

“Ultimately, hopefully, the two tours will merge. That will be good. I am also involved in that,” Trump said Thursday. “But I hope we are going to make the two tours merge. You have the PGA Tour and the Liv Tour. And I think that having them mergers would be a big thing.”

According to the reports, PGA Tour rejected PIF’s latest bet to invest in PGA Tour Enterprises. ESPN reported Friday, citing Fuentes, which the tour rejected the investment offer of $ 1.5 billion.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *