Terms GB cm Insufficient RS4B flood help


Gilgit:

Gilgit-Baltistan’s prime minister Haji Gulbar Khan said Thursday that the RS4 billion help package announced by Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif was no longer enough, since the new floods after the recent visit of the prime minister caused greater devastation throughout the region.

Speaking in a ceremony in which compensation controls were delivered to the families of the victims of the floods, the prime minister praised the previous visit of the Prime Minister to GB and thanked him for announcing the help package. However, he added that the situation has worsened since then, with more beaten villages and multiplied damages.

“The support of the prime minister is commendable and we are grateful for his timely announcement of RS4 billion,” said the prime minister.

“But after their visit, additional floods hit our communities, destroying houses, bridges and livelihoods. Losses now exceed the announced assistance.”

The event was also attended by Federal Minister of Cashmiro Affairs and GB engineer, Amir Muqam, and the members of the provincial cabinet. The relatives of those who died in the floods received compensation controls under the measures of government relief.

Muqam, who traveled through remote valleys on foot to meet the victims earlier the day, reiterated the solidarity of the government with the people of GB and promised that more assistance would be mobilized.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *