YouTube and Fox End Row, Strike Deal to keep the channels in the air


A photo taken in Toulouse shows the logo of YouTube social networks shown by a tablet and a smartphone on October 5, 2021. - AFP
A photo taken in Toulouse shows the logo of YouTube social networks shown by a tablet and a smartphone on October 5, 2021. – AFP

YouTube and Fox, owned by Alphabet, said Thursday that they have reached an agreement that will keep Fox News, Fox Sports and other Fox channels available for YouTube TV subscribers.

Companies did not reveal the financial terms of the agreement.

Earlier this week, YouTube had been in negotiations with Fox, and the media company requested payments above those received by the partners that provide comparable content.

On Wednesday, YouTube said it reached a short -term agreement with Fox that would buy time for the parties to reach a new distribution agreement.

In February, YouTube TV reached an agreement with the Glazing Media Giant to maintain channels such as CBS, Central Comedy and Nickelodeon, after the failed negotiations for a new contract had briefly left the future of the Association of Transmission in Limbo.

The transport dispute caught the attention of the president of the Federal Communications Commission, Brendan Carr, who said that the company that eliminates the Fox TV TV channels would be “a terrible result.”

“Millions of Americans trust YouTube to solve this dispute so that they can continue to see the news and sports they want, including this week’s great game: Texas @ Ohio State,” Carr wrote Tuesday on the Social Network Platform X. “Make an agreement with Google!”



Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *