China has committed to buying at least $17 billion of American agricultural products in 2026, 2027 and 2028, the White House said in a fact sheet released Sunday.
The commitment was made during meetings between US President Donald Trump and Chinese President Xi Jinping last week, the White House said.
The $17 billion figure does not include soybean purchase commitments that China made in October 2025, the White House said.
There has been a marked reduction in US agricultural exports to China after last year’s rounds of retaliatory tariffs sharply reduced trade, which fell 65.7% year-on-year to $8.4 billion in 2025, according to data from the US Department of Agriculture.
China has dramatically reduced its dependence on American agricultural products since Trump’s first term, sourcing about 20% of its soybeans from the United States in 2024, the year before he returned to office, down from 41% in 2016.
China will work with U.S. regulators to lift suspensions of U.S. beef facilities and resume imports of poultry from U.S. states determined to be free of avian influenza, the White House said.
Confirming earlier statements by the Chinese government, the White House also said Sunday that the world’s two largest economies would establish a U.S.-China Trade Board and a U.S.-China Investment Board.
The boards will resolve concerns over market access for agricultural products and expand trade “under a reciprocal framework of tariff reduction,” Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said in a statement last week.




