Actress Momina Iqbal files complaint against PML-N MPA for alleged harassment


Actress and model Momina Iqbal. —momina.iqbal@instagram
  • The actor seeks FIR against PML-N MPA Saqib Chadhar.
  • He alleges harassment, blackmail and death threats.
  • CM Maryam Nawaz warns against political pressure.

Actress and model Momina Iqbal on Friday approached the police seeking registration of a first information report against Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) MPA Saqib Chadhar over allegations of harassment, blackmail and death threats.

In the application filed at Chung police station in Lahore, she alleged that the lawmaker had been calling her and her fiancé and issuing threats.

Iqbal claimed that the politician resorted to defamatory language after she rejected his marriage proposal when she discovered that the AMP was already married to two women.

She further alleged that after the refusal, Chadhar started blackmailing her. The application also referred to WhatsApp messages and video calls allegedly made by the defendants.

According to the actress, similar threatening messages were also sent to her sister’s phone.

Reports say that Iqbal, accompanied by her lawyers, visited Chung Police Station and informed Station House Officer (SHO) Faheem Imdad about the matter.

Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz said any attempt to use political influence, pressure or threats to secure disclosure of “personal content” in the case involving Momina and Chadhar would be met with “firm and uncompromising action”.

In a post on X on Friday afternoon, the prime minister said the issue was a “personal matter” and would be “addressed strictly on the merits and in accordance with the law.”

In an earlier social media post tagging PML-N leaders, Iqbal alleged that he had faced “online harassment, cyber bullying and death threats for a long time”.

She said she and her family had suffered mental stress and trauma due to the alleged actions of the MPA, whose name she did not mention publicly.

“A member of the provincial assembly belonging to the PML-N has been threatening me for a long period. I repeatedly reported the matter to the National Cyber ​​Crime Investigation Agency and the Federal Investigation Agency, but no action was taken,” Iqbal said.

“Instead of ensuring justice, attempts were allegedly made to suppress my complaints. Even people associated with the prime minister’s office tried to discourage me and hush up the matter instead of allowing a fair investigation,” the actor said.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *