Cambridge reschedules leaked A-Level maths exam to June 8


Announces evaluated qualifications for candidates for leaked mathematics and computer science jobs

Cambridge International Education (CIE) announced on Wednesday that the replacement exam for the postponed A Level Mathematics Paper 32 will now take place on 8 June as part of the June 2026 exam series, while confirming the use of assessed grades for all A Level Mathematics Paper 52 and AS Level Computer Science Paper 12 candidates.

On May 7, CIE announced the cancellation of the AS Level Mathematics exam (9709/12) for students in administrative zones 3 and 4, following the leak of the questionnaire. Almost a week later, it was further confirmed that another leak related to the AS Level Mathematics 52 paper (9709) had circulated online ahead of the exam.

Meanwhile, AS Level Mathematics Paper 32 (9709) has been postponed.

Read: Cambridge cancels AS level maths paper after leak, announces new date

In a statement issued today, CIE said the postponed exam would now take place on June 8.

“The Cambridge International AS & A Level results release date of 11 August remains unchanged,” the statement said, adding that the British Council will soon share detailed information on the conduct of the exam.

https://www.facebook.com/cambridge.int/posts/pfbid02dMXP9yTr6otrxwK5YFCg3cMU2ouMCHooUpaVdTi1YqtRThRt9WyWPsFPfHwRdpN7l?__cft__[0]=AZatlxFzr-yK3L60fLkMmeQgBgNaV_veMOtWIoin4jjVVjOVpkeJS-HJZi9Zl5CeV3TR4OkBn5Q8imOeJP6Z6Che_kKQow1tK0ZZIbl6Ka f7zTzSN-zgCfMTeWOVy-P4NxnwQpfSQlcmNeJtvCfEU63Piy7wYIc2oyhI_lUkX5IDLyN2fqHVRivg6Vp-Zti45vg&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

Cambridge also confirmed that, along with Mathematics Paper 52 (9709/52), AS Level Computer Science Paper 12 (9618/12), taken on May 12, was also “prematurely shared in Pakistan against our strict regulations.”

The statement clarified that “the wider circulation of the leaked material in Pakistan does not necessarily indicate that the source of the leak originated in Pakistan,” adding that investigations into the source of the leak were ongoing.

“Our priority is to make sure we are fair to students who did not cheat, which is the vast majority,” Cambridge said, adding that this meant making sure those who cheated did not receive any advantage so that all students applying to university compete on a level playing field.

The CIE said it would use its “well-established approach” of assessed grades for all candidates for AS and A level Mathematics exam 52, in zones 3 and 4, and for all candidates for AS level Computer Science exam 12 in Pakistan.

He described the assessed grades as a “well-researched method”, also used by other UK-based exam boards, and commonly applied in cases where candidates were absent from an exam due to acceptable reasons, such as illness or injury.

Read also: Cambridge confirms second leak of A-level Mathematics paper and postpones May 15 exam

“Using assessed grades means that we will ignore the work grade and instead calculate a grade for each student based on their performance in the other components of the degree program for which they registered and completed the work,” the statement said.

CIE said the method eliminated any “possible unfair advantage” that students may have tried to gain through cheating and ensured that all candidates were treated equally.

He added that the method “nullifies the effect of easy or difficult work and reflects any difference in difficulty”, while candidates could still get full marks.

While acknowledging the students’ problem, the exam body said it recognized that students were grappling with the issue “at an important point in their education” amid confirmation of leaks involving Cambridge International AS & A Level papers.

Regarding exam security, Cambridge said it had been facing “sustained and focused efforts to steal our exams” during the June 2026 exam series and was actively responding to the threat.

“The theft of this and other exams remains the subject of a detailed investigation,” the statement said.

He added that legal action was being taken against the perpetrators in coordination with law enforcement authorities and social media platforms.

Read more: Government takes note after another Cambridge Maths paper allegedly leaked

“We will apply sanctions to those who share or misuse confidential exam materials, including permanent disqualification from our qualifications and operations,” the statement warned.

Cambridge further said that exam security challenges were “not unique to a single board” and that security protocols governing the production, handling, storage and distribution of documents were constantly updated in response to changing threats.

The statement also advises students to be cautious of scams, misinformation and malpractices.

Although the issue of CIE document leaks is not new and was also reported last year, this exam session has seen a number of leaks as A and O level exams under the Cambridge system are being held across the country for the May-June session.

The documents were leaked online and several students claimed that they had already started circulating before the exams.

The series of leaks prompted the federal government to take notice, with Education Minister Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui expressing concern over the repeated incidents.

“Student workers cannot be allowed to suffer because of such incidents,” the minister said, adding that similar cases also emerged last year and that Cambridge should further strengthen its exam system.

The Minister had directed the Inter Board Chairmen’s Committee to immediately convene a meeting with the Cambridge authorities and take urgent steps to safeguard the interests of the students.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *